Monday, March 23, 2009

Attention Please!

When the toads are wild, crazy and talking way too much, here are a few attention getters...

*Silent Sharks:  shark fins on head and swim silently around room

*Hello?:  Make a telephone with your hand up to your ear and say "hello? hello?"  Keep doing it until toads join with you.  Once they have say, "oh, I guess no one's there." and hang up the phone.  Move on to whatever you've planned on doing...it really works.

*Catch a bubble: I got this one from the preschool I work at (GFUMP).  Tell the toads to catch a bubble.  Hold your breath and puff out your cheeks.

*Send me an email:  If the toads want to tell you everything they got in their easter basket plus their dogs name, tell the whole class to write you an email.  Start "typing" in the air and tell them to push send.  Tell them you'll read them later...yes, this is a lie, but it works.

*Get down really low on the ground and whisper...they'll join you.

How do you get toads' attention?

3 comments:

  1. I will be trying these ideas in two of my classes next week!! Hopefully they will work

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE CUTE ideas. LOVE them. I am loving this blog Breena!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you use these with your daughter? Very cute. And smart to add the "click on link" underneath your "ATTENTION PLEASE" post.

    ReplyDelete